Profile image for Trucks79

The Chief Constable of Avon & Somerset Police speaks out following allegations of wrong doings made by Mr Jefferies during the Joanna Yeates enquiry.

In the statement released early in the week the Chief Constable "I am aware of the allegations made by the solicitor who has clearly attempted to seize the moment apparently provided by Mr Wallace's presentation at the Leveson Inquiry last week.

"We have conducted a thorough investigation into all of Mr Wallace's assertions. We have not found any substance to the suggestion of 'off-the-record background briefings' by Avon and Somerset Police relating to Mr Jefferies. Ryan Parry, the senior Mirror reporter, confirmed in his evidence to the Inquiry yesterday that he had not had any 'off the record briefings' about Mr Jefferies.

"I am extremely concerned that the solicitor should be so intemperate and inaccurate in his comments made public. Surely one of the lessons that has been learnt from his client's experience is to treat media commentary with caution."

By Trucks79 at 10:53 on 29/01/12

Re-post           

• Profile image for MartiniBooth

I would be surprised if Chris Jefferies would speak out about this if he knows it not to be true. I wonder if he is still living in Clifton?

By MartiniBooth at 18:41 on 29/01/12

• Profile image for noely77

I'm not surprised that the chief constable is trying to keep the lid on the biggest stitch up in the history of the A and S force.
    Chris Jefferies was arrested on suspicion of murder without a shred of evidence and there were leaks by his force to the media which enabled and gave them the green light to assassinate his character with the most lurid reports that they could dredge up.
    The intent of the police at that time was to embark on a stitch up of Jefferies who was known to be alone in his flat, had the opportunity, had a car and had a key to Joanna's flat. The police had hit a brick wall in the investigation and the media vilification was going to deny him an unprejudiced jury. His dna would be in the flat because he owned the place and he would have been an easy target to frame.

By noely77 at 10:55 on 31/01/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent