Top-ten places to go in Clifton, Bristol, in the sunshine
By rycginge | Friday, March 30, 2012, 15:38
Where are the best places in Clifton, Bristol, to enjoy the sunshine?
Downs Tea Room, Clifton, Bristol
We are fortunate that we have many to choose from and it has been difficult to pick my favourites, but here is my top-ten:
1) The Downs. Often described as Bristol's lungs, there is no better place, or bigger place, in Clifton or Bristol, to while away some hours in the sunshine. Don't forget to visit The Downs Tea Rooms, now called Cafe Retreat.
2) All of other green spaces. There are plenty of smaller patches of grass in Clifton, including by the Suspension Bridge, The Mall Gardens and Victoria Square.
3) Outside Rosemarino. The tables and chairs outside Rosemarino are one of Clifton's best sun traps, where you can also be served some of Clifton's best food.
4) Primrose Cafe. Sitting outside on Boyce's Avenue on a Sunday day is simply divine, and there's now even more table space with the road semi-pedestrianised.
5) The Lansdown. A delightful beer garden out the back.
6) The Hope & Anchor. Featuring another delightful beer garden.
7) Boston Tea Party, Park Street. Guess what? A delightful garden.
8) The Village Pottery. A hidden gem, with a garden just big enough for coffee and cakes to share with a few friends.
9) Goldbrick House. If you can find their sun terrace, you will have a treat in store.
10) The Port of Call. Just off the beaten track at the top of Whiteladies Road, but well worth discovering, with another sun trap of a beer garden.